So the question becomes, how can a company use LinkedIn as an investor relations tool? Here are just a few ideas to get started:
- Ensure that your company profile is accurate and links to your corporate website and/or blog;
- Ensure key management profiles are actively and accurately maintained, and linked to the company;
- Have key management participate in relevant LinkedIn Groups where they can demonstrate their industry expertise;
- Have key management profiles include links to corporate social media sites (blog, Twitter, Facebook Page, etc.);
- Upload investor materials to management profiles; and,
- Most importantly, build relationships!